GRP Transition Piece Covers for Offshore Wind Farms
In February 2016 Dansk Polyglas A/S achieved a contract to design, develop and manufacture 67 pcs. of GRP TP Covers for Veja Mate Offshore Wind Farm in Germany.
The TP Cover protects advanced equipment inside the TP against the corrosive offshore environment until the wind turbines are installed. There are high demands for the design and functionality of TP Cover as ex. water tightness, safe handling of equipment, safe access and exit for personnel into and from the TP.
For the Veja Mate project the developed and manufactured TP Covers met all the customer´s requirements with following general features:
- ·Built-in steps
- ·Anti-slip surface
- ·Enabling to carry min. 2 persons of totally 250 kg/m² at any location on the walkable area.
- ·Designed for “Cable-pull in”
- ·Designed to resist snow load
- ·Customized GRP Access Hatches
- ·Customized GRP Top Hatch
- ·Customized GRP Ventilator Unit
- ·Installation time less than 20 min. offshore.
- ·Weight approx. 550 kg
- ·Corrosion resistant Offshore environment
All TP Covers have been designed, calculated, tested and manufactured in accordance with common Offshore standards and delivered in time despite the tight time schedule. Furthermore the TP Covers has received complimentary feedback from all parties involved in the project.
In case you are interested in receiving more information about our TP Cover solutions, please do not hesitate to contact us.